I tried upgrading the host machine from Apache 1.3 to 2.2 today - it went poorly. torres came back easily enough, but getting it to co-operate with snowcrash wasn't fun. I was likely making a mistake trying to integrate my hacked and hacked again httpd.conf into the default 2.2 configs that come with the FreeBSD port (no idea how much they resemble "vendor" configs). I'll now do what I ought to have done in the first place, and set up a machine that mirrors torres then make it work with 2.2, without worries about live data and losing logs and such. I'll try it sober as a judge next time too, when it isn't 30 degrees both outside and in.
Still, I hate giving up on technical stuff.
As a sop to the monkey in me, I've added a disclaimer and contact page. It's really ugly.